Saturday, August 20, 2005

WHERE DID THE TIME GO?
In truth, I'm time traveling. Not in the "mad-scientist-meets-dinosaur" way or "Ashton-Kutcher-has-brain-damage" fashion, but in a "I-can-fix-the-blog-post- date-to-whatever-I-like" manner. Sensing the need to spend a few minutes updating the Bystander, I discovered that my last posting was on 17th August - and today is 7th September.

What happened to the time? Although it's only some three weeks since the last epistle, a hurricane has devastated a city and the gas prices have gone up around 50 cents. If I waited another three weeks, I might see California become an island, North Korea nuke Seattle, and Dr. Phil canonized.

So I'm cheating. This post says August, but it's not. Which raises the question as to how honest bloggers are in general. If I can shift time, so can others. And if time can be shifted, so can truths. How many folks have "predicted" something by exercising a temporal sleight of hand - or in this case keyboard?

Makes you think, eh?

No comments: